Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch – Community Based Services offers Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) to youth and families across the state of Montana. Home Support is funded by Healthy Montana Kids Plus – Medicaid and Healthy Montana Kids – Extended.
What is the main goal of Therapeutic Foster Care?
The main goal of TFC is to provide youth with a safe, nurturing home either long term or temporarily. Each YBGR therapeutic foster family is assigned a Treatment Manager who makes weekly home visits to support youth in their care. Typically, the whole family participates in these home visits.
What are the benefits of TFC?
• TFC balances family and youth needs, desires, and dreams with our Trauma-Informed Treatment Model.
• Treatment managers make weekly home visits to treatment families and youth in their care.
• Treatment managers work with treatment families and youth on goals, which often include work on communication, boundaries, healthy expression of emotions, and parenting skills.
• Monthly respite services are provided.
• 24/7 emergency on-call services are available.