Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch – Community Based Services (YBGR-CBS) offers Therapeutic Youth Mentoring (TYM) to youth across the state of Montana. Therapeutic Youth Mentoring is funded by Healthy Montana Kids Plus – Medicaid and Healthy Montana Kids – Extended.
What’s the main goal of Therapeutic Youth Mentoring?
Building healthy relationships is the main goal of the Therapeutic Youth Mentoring Program. Once the mentor and youth relationship is established, they will work on individualized goals through teaching, modeling, and practicing social and/or coping skills.
What are the benefits of Therapeutic Youth Mentoring?
• One-on-one mentoring
• Can be carried out in the community, home, or school setting
• TYM service is meant to be short term in nature; 90 days or less.
• TYM’s incorporate therapeutic games and activities help teach the youth how to manage their moods, problem solve, develop social skills, increase self-esteem, practice following instructions, learn responsibility for their actions, and other healthy coping skills
• TYM’s assist youth in implementing the learned skills by spending a portion of their outing with other youth and staff. The focus is to practice the skills they have learned with the support of the mentor
- 24/7 emergency on-call services are available