Will you foster a child who needs a home?
We need your help! Montana has one of the highest rates of kids in foster care and there is a great shortage of foster homes. Consider being a foster parent and become a superhero to a child in need!
We provide these services:
- Evaluation and assessment
- Individualized treatment plans
- Educational planning
- Ongoing training and development
- Respite care
- Access to 24-hour on-call crisis intervention
- Stipends to assist in providing care for the children
- Financial incentives for birthdays, Christmas and back to school clothing
Expectations for therapeutic foster parents:
- Successfully complete a background check
- Participate in a series of home visits and interviews
- Complete 33 hours of training before initial licensure
- Complete 30 hours of training for annual relicensure
- Attend monthly meetings, which consist of training and support group activities
“Initially, we had a lot of fears about becoming therapeutic foster parents, mainly because the idea of caring for a “seriously emotionally disturbed” child seemed pretty scary! However, we are so thankful we did! What we found is that these were “just kids” with some special needs who both desperately needed and deserved a loving and stable family. Our treatment manager was there every step of the way to help problem solve the challenges we had and help us gain a deeper understanding of our children. She worked around our schedule and was very understanding of our lifestyle. Over a year and a half later, we are now in the process of adopting these same children, and cannot imagine our lives without them!” J.F. – YBGR Therapeutic Foster Parent
Please call 406-222-6490 or Email us for more information on how to become a foster parent.